Singapore’s tropical climate with long spells of hot weather and rainfall can be a breeding ground for a variety of pests, bed bugs, ants, termites, cockroaches, rodents, etc. If you discover that your house is infested by any of these household pests, it is crucial to find a reputable pest control company and get them to fix your problem.
Termites, bed bugs, pests, rodents, etc. are known carriers of pathogens. It is likely that they might spread diseases, cause rashes and even allergies among your family. Living in an infested house is unhealthy and especially dangerous for children. Do not delay in finding the best pest control company which suits your requirements.
In a country like Singapore, where pest infestations are common, finding agencies and companies that specialise in pest control are equally easy to find. But, it isn’t as easy to find one that is legitimate, reputable and reliable. There are plenty of people who offer pest control services but do not have the necessary certification or credentials. Here are some pointers to help you pick the right pest control company.
Don’t get swayed by the cost
– A reputable pest control company will always charge you a considerable sum of money but the investment is worth it.
– Any company that offers their services for low prices are to be distrusted as they may not be using the right chemicals or the correct process to rid your house of pests.
– If you want your house to be freed from an insect infestation you have to be willing to invest a substantial sum of money.
Plenty of research
– If your house is crawling with pests and insects, take the time to find the right company for your needs.
– Don’t just decide on the first name you see. Insects are a health hazard and finding the right people to get rid of all the pests is important.
– Talk to people who have had pest control at home and take their opinion of the company they chose.
– Do plenty of research online. If bed bugs are your problem, do not choose an agency that is known for termite extermination.
– Find out the methods they use and whether they meet industry standards.
Avoid additional hazards
– If your home is infested with bugs and pests, living conditions are hazardous enough. So, when you are looking for a pest control company, find out the chemicals and material they use to treat your house.
– Make sure they are environment-friendly as well.
– Some agencies might use cheap chemicals to reduce their cost and that could be dangerous to the health of your family. Instead, pick a reputable company that uses the right chemicals which will get rid of your problem and not cause any additional harm to you.
– If your home is being fumigated, make sure they aren’t going to leave a foul smell hanging about your walls and furniture.
A company that gives guarantee
– Getting your house treated for pests is a tricky business. It might not always work or be just partially effective. In order to avoid these eventualities, pick a pest control company that gives you some form of guarantee.
– Most reputable companies will either give a warranty for a certain number of years or offer to give your money back if their methods haven’t worked.
– Any pest control company that you choose should have certified technicians who will come to your house and do their job.
– Good and reputed companies will always have state certification and you should not compromise on that front.
– Technicians without a licence are to be avoided on all counts as they are usually unreliable.
– Before hiring a company for pest control, talk to their previous clients. Talking to customers, satisfied and unsatisfied will give you the right idea about whether the company suits your needs or not.
Go with experience
– It is always safer to pick an exterminator that has been in the business for at least five years, if not longer.
– New companies may be unreliable and you can never be sure of their quality of work.
Remember to keep all these points in mind when you are selecting a pest control company as your safety and well-being, along with your family, will be in their hands.