The shop shops in Singapore must be inspected by the NEA so as to determine if they are best when it comes to offering good services to their clients. From the food inspection that was conducted in the year 2015 in Singapore for the Food and beverage outlets, 137 of them were suspended. From the report which was revealed by the inspectors is that about half of these outlets were suspended since they had issues related to pests. However, if you own a food shop in Singapore, you can look for a pest control experts who have a lot experience, so as to guide you on the ways you can use to minimize the pest problems for you to pass the NEA food inspection.
There are so many things that can deny you a chance of scoring well when the inspection is done. Some of them are:
The pest control experts in Singapore have revealed that houseflies, cockroaches, rats to be the top three pests which can get your license from being suspended by NEA since they are able to spread disease. It is good for you to keep your Food and beverage outlet free from pests not only to score high but also to as responsibility to your clients since they expect you to do for them to continue buying from you. There is no client who can like to shop from a dirty Food and beverage outlet.
One of the ways that pest control experts advice the owners of the Food and beverage outlets to di to avoid the idea of offering a condusive environment for the pests to hide and breed. You should also not leave some food sources for the pests to eat whole you have closed your outlet. There are two types of cockroaches that you can get at the Food and beverage outlets in Singapore( German cockroaches and American cockroaches).
The German cockroaches like moist, warm places and they are nocturnal. If you are able to fin the harbourages of these cockroaches, then it will be easier for you to exterminate them. One of the best detergents that you can use to wipe out these cockroaches is the cockroach gel. Some of the places where cockroaches may hide are steam baskets, your cash register, drawers, drink dispensers, spaces between equipment, crevices and cracks. It is good that you pay attention to the gaps in broken wall tiles, door frames, wire conduits, table stands, table surface and legs.
The houseflies can be attracted to the food residues that you leave in your Food and beverage outlet and you can exterminate them once you identify and clear the breeding site. You must also clean your outlet every day so as to keep away the houseflies. The houseflies can cause many diseases such as E.coli and Salmonella.
Rats can enter your outlet through open kitchen doors, drains and pipes; they are attracted by the food debris. In many cases they can come and go in whichever way they like; they are nocturnal. Sometimes, they can dig some holes in the walls of your outlet where they will be hiding. Controlling rats is not easy since NEA will not allow the owners of the Food and beverage outlets to use poison baits. One of the main method that many people use is the glue boards, but this can only reduce the population. You must be able to carry a continuous rats control since you can’t kill them all.
It will take so many years before you build the reputation of your Food and beverage outlet but it can take a few seconds for you to destroy it. One of the main reasons which make it difficult is that many of the Food and beverage outlets owners are away when the employees are carrying out the daily operations. In many of the outlets, you will realise that the employees will do their work( cooking and collecting money) and will not care about the appearance or cleanliness of the outlet. As a manager or operator of a Food and beverage outlet, you must try to conduct some weekly inspections so that you can be in a better position of passing the NEA food inspection.
There are so many ways on how you can keep away pests from your Food and beverage outlet. Some of them are:
• You must clear unused food from the trays.
• You must always cover the kitchen bin.
• You must inspect the raw materials which are brought to your Food and beverage outlet (carton boxes, egg trays and vegetable baskets).
• You must do proper racking in your kitchen or store so as to avoid piling up all the stock in one corner. Try to raise all the stock that you have above the store floor.
• You should not keep any redundant stocks in your storeroom.
• You must fix any lines that you may see in your wall, tables or floor which might be the harbour of pests.
There are also common mistakes which may make you score lowly on the NEA food inspection.
• Not washing the wooden serving boards and washing trays- In many cases if you own a Food and beverage outlet where you serve your food on the hotplates, you may be tempted to wash your hotplates and not the wooden boards where you place them. These boards usually have some food residues which attract houseflies. You should clean your serving trays immediately they are cleared.
• Not washing your kitchen floor well- You may be washing only the exposed area of the kitchen using a broom and water. Although it may appear clean, some food debris and crumbs may be flushed under the food preparation tables whereby if you do not remove them, they can attract cockroaches and rats.
• Not willing all parts of your chair and tables- Sometimes the diners may move the chairs using their dirty hands thereby leaving some food residue on them.
• Not washing the wipes pieces of cloth properly using a sanitizer- If you do not wash them properly, they can carry some food residues which may spread some bacteria on the table, thereby attracting houseflies.